Rock The District Auditions
2018 Auditions will open Jan 8, 2018
Auditions will be held at Cactus Shadows Fine Arts Center on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Audition registrations will NOT be considered complete until these 3 requirements are met:
- Complete the Registration Form WITH Bio and Headshot
- Complete the Sign Up Genius to select an Audition Time (IMPORTANT: Sign Up Genius link will be displayed immediately AFTER submitting registration)
Questions? Contact Sarah Byrne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open to performers from 6th-12th grade, including accompanists
- Must be a vocal performance; with guitar, keyboard, ukulele or some other similar supporting instrument. Single vocalists are encouraged to use live musical accompanist over backtracks, if at all possible.
- Music can be from any genre and either cover songs or originals.
- Lyrics must be family friendly and age appropriate. Lyrics for original songs need to be provided at the time of auditions.
- Come prepared to perform 4-5 songs. The judges may have you perform all or portions of each song.
- Performers need to be ‘Show Ready” at the audition and demonstrate strong support and encouragement for other performers, judges, and volunteers.
- Performers will be selected based on strong vocal ability, musicianship, stage presence, song selection, and attitude.
Cactus Shadows Fine Arts Center
33606 N 60th St, Scottsdale, AZ 85266
- Audition times are divided into two-hour blocks. Multiple musicians will be assigned to each block. Order of auditions will be assigned upon your arrival to the Fine Arts Center.
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to your audition block, and plan to be patient as we may run behind schedule.
- We’ll have a practice room available, if you want to tune your instrument or warm up your voice.
- Auditions are open. We encourage all waiting performers to be a part of the audience.
What WILL be provided:
- Standard drum kit with single bass pedal
- Two guitar amps
- One bass amp
- Three microphones
- PA and sound technician
- Standard iPhone jack for playing backing tracks
Musicians will need to bring:
- Instruments and guitar effects pedals
- For those singing to a backing track, please NO VOCALS on the back track, it needs to be a karaoke track.
- If singing to a backing track, please NO VOCALS on the back track, it needs to be a karaoke track. You will need to bring the backing track music on a smartphone or ipad, we can’t accommodate a CD.
- Bio and Headshot – When you register, please submit a photo and bio. If you are selected to perform at Rock the District, your information will be posted on the RTD website and other social media sites.
- Your audition begins the moment you approach the registration table and lasts while you are on and off stage. Be on time – be professional, enthusiastic, and organized.
- Plan to introduce yourself to the judges prior to playing/singing. You’ll want to share your name or Band’s name, school(s), and grade(s).
- Plan to introduce each selection prior to performing it; song title and artist, and why you chose this song. Be prepared to briefly share any personal reasons why the song you chose that you think makes this a great song for you to perform at the show.
- Practice, practice, practice!
Expectations for Rock the District Performers:
RTD is planned and executed by VOLUNTEERS, including our performers. We will happily sign any school forms confirming volunteer hours. We expect all performers to be present for the duration of the show and to help with teardown at the shows conclusion.
RTD is a fundraiser. We expect our performers to help us in our efforts by encouraging ticket sales, promoting the RTD Fan Club, purchasing a VIP Table or by procuring silent auction items.
Social Media- please “like” or “follow” our sponsors and performers on social media. Please create an event to help spread the word about RTD.